Tuesday, June 16, 2015

LeBron...Finals MVP...Win, Lose, or Draw

Greetings and Salutations,

Is the newsletter a couple of days late due to nursing a household back to health or do I have incredible timing for the topic of today's newsletter...you decided.





Let me preface this by saying I am in no way a LeBron fan.  As a matter of fact, I'm pulling for the Warriors (despite my devotion and continued loyalty to my beloved Lakers).  But what LeBron has done in these NBA Finals is nothing short of astonishing.  






He has a Cleveland team that has been severely impacted by injury and has overall performed poorly, yet the team is down only 3 games to 2 games.  Do I think they have a chance of winning...slim to none, but most (including myself) thought that this series would have been done in 4 or 5 games after the Irving injury.  He has surprised us all.  






In the 5 games thus far, LeBron is averaging 36.6 points per game, 12.4 rebounds, and 8.8 assist.  He's already had 2 triple doubles and I fully expect at least one more by series end.  This is truly an individual performance for the ages.  






Now let's talk MVP.  Of course if James and the Cavs find some way to pull off the improbable, he would be clearly the MVP of the Finals.  But what if the more likely scenario of Golden State pulling it out...is there anyone you would consider a Finals MVP candidate? Thompson? Iguodala? Curry? They all have been pivotal at times but not consistently throughout the series as a whole.  Bron Bron has been the only constant.  He has made this championship series interesting.  Without his performance, we would be looking at 20 point plus one sided blowouts dominated by the Warriors team play the entire series.  






Plus he has history on his side.  One other time in NBA history has the losing team of the NBA finals had the Finals MVP.  The year 1969.  The man to do it...Jerry West aka "The Logo".  In those Finals, West averaged 37.9 points per game, 7.4 assist, and 4.7 rebounds.  Considering LeBron's points per game is comparable and he exceeds Jerry's rebounds and assist averages...I think we know who's the REAL MVP...




But those are just my thoughts...right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment