Friday, April 17, 2015

The Damn Newsletter: Thirsty People Get No Water

Greetings and Salutations,

Here we are on the cusp of history.  The Damn Newsletter is getting a brand spanking new little brother, Da Whole Damn Podcast! Coming this summer (more details on the official debut date coming soon), I will finally unveil the podcast I have been promising for months now.

Sorry 4 the Wait *in my Lil' Wayne voice*

Because of the addition to the podcast, I am going to alter the newsletter as we know it, moving signature stables of the newsletter of it to the podcast.  So the Damn Newsletter will be...well just my thoughts...you know...what I am feeling at the time.  No Shout Out of the Week, no what's going on with me, no projects I'm working on...just me, the keyboard, and my thoughts.  I will entertain, I will educate, I will...uh...basically do the same thing just get and stick to the 'meat and potatoes.  Everything else will be podcast bound.

Now that I've clarified that.  Let me put words to the screen of what's on my mind...

I was watching Big Bang Theory reruns (one of my favorite past times) and the clip below inspired me.






Amy Farrah Fowler stated to Leonard, "From a neurological standpoint, Leonard you may be alone because your psychological state is causing an actual pheromone-based 'stink' of desperation."

That statement hit me like a ton of bricks.  In my many unofficial counseling sessions how many times have I heard from people, "Don't nobody want me"; "If I am so great, why am I single"; "What's wrong with me?" and so forth.  Full disclosure people...I uttered all of those phrases and all of their cousins so I get it.

But think about it.  What person is gonna be drawn to an individual that even though is smart, funny, attractive, & ambitious but has this air of desperation due to their emotional past or self-esteem issues?

Answer: No one!  

Take me for example.  Smart, charming, bit of an a-hole (which is kinda an attractive trait for the opposite sex but that's another newsletter), ambitious, and of course...I'm not "ugly, ugly".  So what...a B- on my best day?  That's nothing to shake a stick at...but if I don't walk around like I think I'm an A++, I won't as so much get a text message from a lady that says hi.  But every time I walk around like my shit don't stank...






Bottom line is if you are unhappy, destitute, lonely and desperately wanting to find someone that complements you; you're already losing.  This applies to friendships, professional goals, personal goals, and anything else you can think of.  The law of supply and demand is real people.  Some of y'all should have been paying attention in economics.  


If you don't work on you and believe in you as a person, as an individual, as an unique entity...no one will give a good got damn about what you want, what you need, or what you hope for...



But those are just my thoughts...right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment