Saturday, June 6, 2015

Chronicles of a Summertime Dad Part I

Greetings and Salutations,

Missed writing last week due to attending a funeral in Kansas City (You will be missed Aunt Denise) and I got to wondering what should I write about this week.  Now don't get me wrong, I got subjects.  Some that only a small percentage of you will get but hey what can I say...I'm a man of many interests.  But none of them seemed to inspire me so I wrote about what's in front of me...my daughter Brooklyn.


Photo courtesy of Dear Summer...Love, Brooklyn album via Facebook



Anyone who knows me (I say this because I'm assuming my "friends" are spreading, forwarding, and promoting my projects... *side eye*...yeah that was shade at some of you Lol), knows that Brooklyn is the love of my life.  She lives in Dallas but for the last 3 summers, she migrates here to spend some time with daddy.  



It is the single most exciting and scary time of the year!!!



Since she has gotten here on Tuesday, I've done nothing but worry.  I mean, my co-parent trusts me with our most prized possession with me for 2 months, but it's a lot of pressure to keep her in 'mint condition'.  This week alone I have worried about


Photo courtesy of my co-parent's (Erika) Facebook page
  • Her flight here (First time by herself) that was delayed
  • Brooklyn getting sick in summer camp on the first day that prompted me picking her up early 
  • Tummy ache last night that warranted daddy laying in bed with her and rubbing her tummy until she fell asleep
  • Brooklyn waking up with a headache and sinus issues on Friday
  • Left summer camp with a headache and sinus issues
  • Had 2 fever spikes and...
  • Let's just say gave me a hankering for caffeinated products  

And that's just been this week.  Obviously I don't mind.  She's the best part of me.  And keeps me on my toes.  And is highly entertaining.  This week alone I have laughed at her for



Photo courtesy of Dear Summer...Love, Brooklyn album via Facebook
  • Just watching her walk around with Coach purse and cellphone like a little woman
  • Wanting her lunch at summer camp to have a turkey sandwich with spinach on it 
  • Brooklyn wanted Wednesday to be 'History Night' and quizzed me on the the President's names. (By the way I got about 10 before needing hints and we got to 19 before she went to bed)
  • Her spirit to try new things.  Since she's been here, she's eaten plain jalapenos, raw garlic, jalapeno limeade, and has eaten cilantro as a snack...yeah a snack.
  • And of course her *ahem* right before bedtime signalling that tuck in protocol must be initiated.


And that's just the ones that rattle off the top of my head. 


If this is week one, this is gonna be an interesting summer...


P.S. Kim, I couldn't do this without you.  Thank you. *bowing*


But those are just my thoughts...right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment