Friday, June 26, 2015

Shout Out to the Supreme Court...

Greetings and Salutations,


This week I was all set to write about the Confederate Flag...which I still may do...but I decided to write about something more positive.  And what's more positive than the Highest Court in the Land...



This week the Supreme Court has made 2 landmark decisions that I completely support.  Thursday (06/25/2015) in a 6-3 vote, the Supreme Court upheld a key part in the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare as it has been labeled by some.  Today (06/26/2015) the Court ruled that the Constitution ensure the rights of individuals to have a same sex marriage.  




Do these decisions affect me personally? No.  But I am a believer in the United States Constitution.  It is one of the greatest documents ever written and it is the embodiment of this country's spirit.  The Constitution grants us the rights of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.  And I can't think of life without thinking of health, which means EVERYONE deserves health care.  And to consider happiness...Love would have to be in the equation in my eyes.  




For me the Supreme Court gave millions of Americans their full set of inalienable rights and brought joy to millions more. Regardless of your opinion, your religious beliefs, your financial status, or your tolerance; these decisions gives America the right call ourselves the Land of Opportunity, the Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave...



Those are just my thoughts...right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment