Friday, July 17, 2015

What This Verse Sound Like, Should I Freestyle or Write?

Greetings and Salutations,

The title of this newsletter...poetically says it all.  I sat in front of the computer screen and I was thinking what should I discuss this week.  




Should I discuss one of the greatest wrestlers in 2 decades (sorry WWE I just can't bring myself to say sports entertainers...yuck!) that most of you probably never heard of?  Nah...maybe Monday.




Should I write a part II to my Chronicles of a Summertime Parent?  No...I'm figuring I will write a part II to closer to the end of her visit.  Sadly that isn't long. 



So instead I just decided to write random things that are on my mind in the hopes that it educates, entertains, or at least kills some time and makes you chuckle.  Here we go...



  • Gladys Knight's although an Atlanta "institution" is a poorly run business.  I mean their food is good (although I only get the Midnight Train), but if I call a manager on Sunday and I have to call back on Wednesday with no return call...not to mention they had to track him down...I'm done with that place.

  • Nothing gets me more upset than truly having to discipline my child.  I love this little girl but I can't have her be a little smart ass.  My mom always taught me to be respectful.  And when you peel back, looks, clothes, charisma, and money...if you don't have the respect of others by not giving respect, people just don't want to deal with you.

  • Exercise is the best way to relief stress...just get that aggression out of you.  Then after that is booze.  After that comfort food.  And if all else fails take something to put you to sleep and just start over the next day.  Wednesday...I had to do all of those things.   

  • I have to do a better job at taking time out for myself.  I have been really bad about it...got better this year but I have fell off again.  It's a challenge.

  • Speaking of a challenge, I have to challenge myself to be better and as a friend reminded me today...shout out to Miz Rik (and go visit Suite369.com for logos, websites and so much more)...that everything want be perfect.  Sometimes you got to make like the Nike sign and just do it.  Which is why I am putting pressure on myself to start my podcast, DaWholeDamnPodcast  on August 19th...by hook or crook as my momma would say.  Stay Tuned.  

  • In case you didn't pick up on it, the title of this newsletter is from Nas' verse on a Kanye West called "We Major".  Like to hear it...here it go!






  • And finally...I am beginning stages infatuated with Periscope.  Don't know what it is? Check out this link.  You do know what it is...follow me at...yes of course, @Dawholedamnshow.


Until Next Time,



Those are just my thoughts...right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time...



No comments:

Post a Comment