Friday, December 4, 2015

The Friday 5ive: Worst Christmas Songs Ever...

Happy TGIF!



It's time for another Friday 5ive.  Since it's the Christmas season and I'm...well a Scrooge (or a Grinch in some social circles), this week will cover the worst songs of the holiday season.  A couple of songs may shock you...


So here we go...





5) "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"


This song makes the list strictly because it's presumptuous.  Who makes this proclamation? What makes this of all time frames the most wonderful of the year?  I know a 7 year old in Texas that would say the summer is the most wonderful time. (I mean she does get to see her dad)  For my money I go with WrestleMania Season (the time frame between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania) being the most wonderful.  Don't speak for me song!!!








4)  "Silent Night" (Temptations version)


Hey I know it's a favorite for many...but I can't say that I care for it. It's slow.  It drags.  It's...UGH!!!  If you are trying to get in the spirit of the season...well what do I know about that...I'm a Grinch.  








3)  "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"


Far be it for me to be over critical.  I mean someone used creative energy to write this song.  I'm sure at some point in time in American History.  But it's 2015.  Do you know kids today? I don't know any one of them that just wants 2 front teeth...and I'm gonna go out of the limb and say you don't either.  Please retire this song.








2) "This Christmas" (Donny Hathaway version)


Yep, I said it.  I know some of you are yelling, cursing, and probably stopped reading. Okay.  I get it.  For some of you this song is synonymous with the holiday.  It's a classic.  

You know what else are classics..."Whoop, There is", "Who Let the Dogs Out", "I'm Too Sexy", and "Gagnam Style". 

Raise your hand if you listen to those songs every day for a 6 to 8 weeks on EVERY RADIO STATION.  

*crickets* Hmm...I don't see any hands.  Yeah that's what I thought.  








1) "Christmas Time is Here" (Charlie Brown Christmas)


Awful.  Just awful.  It sounds awful.  The part on the cartoon it plays on looks so sad. Honestly every time I hear the song it makes me want to drink until I become unconscious.  Just thinking about it now I want a drink.  Some of you already think I'm drinking as I'm writing this due to my number 2 on this list.  And if you think that...well it's Friday damn it.  Don't judge.



Who's in your top 5???

No comments:

Post a Comment